During this week last year there was a major outbreak of tornadoes in the Untied States that killed over 55 people people and injured many more. One of the tornadoes pummeled the city of Harrisburg, Illinois on Leap Day killing 8 people in a single neighborhood. [Source]
Such storms are a reminder that life is indeed short. Each and everyday is a gift from God.
During the 9th week of 2012 Digital Sojourner posted a number of interesting articles including:
- In Involving Youth in Church Ministry Crawford Paul provides 7 practical tips for involving young people in church ministry.
- Ever meet a 55 year old teenager? Unfortunately there seems to be more 55 year old teenagers than ever before! How can this be? Check out this Jottings post from one year ago.
- Also one year ago on Digital Sojourner: His Gospel’s Effect: Lesson 20 looked at Romans 16:17-27 and Entry Level Theological Truth #17 looked at Genesis 2:23
Enjoy this flashback to 2012 week #9 on Digital Sojourner!
This week last year “Linsanity” was sweeping across America and the rest of the world as Asian American Jeremy Lin of the New York Nicks dazzled Basketball fans across the globe.
During the 8th week of 2012 Digital Sojourner posted a number of interesting articles including:
- In a Jottings post the soul searching question of “Who Are You?” was asked. The answer to this question IS exactly what you think.
- In A Whole New World Crawford Paul explores the realities and challenges of the new, technology saturated world we are all living in.
- Another soul searching question was asked this week last year: What is Number 1 in York Life? Of course, we all know how to give a great sounding answer to this question… but what IS truly #1 in your life? In this post brother Carl Taylor offer an objective way to answer this question.
Enjoy this flashback to 2012 week #8 on Digital Sojourner!
This week last year the world’s attention was focused on the political unrest in the nation of Greece.
Many Greek cities, including Athens, were rocked with violent protests as the Greek government debated and prepared to enact financial austerity measures that many viewed as too severe.
During the 7th week of 2012 Digital Sojourner posted a number of interesting articles including:
- Book Review: Look Straight Ahead – The Internet and other forms of modern technology has opened up a Pandora’s Box of licentiousness that many believer’s are struggling with today. In his book, Look Straight Ahead, author Sam Thorpe, Jr. deals with this issue in a straight forward manner.
- In Jottings – Love Those Who Demonize You Eric Metaxas reminds us of our Biblical mandate to love those who hate us. The post also includes video of Eric Metaxas speaking at the 2012 National Prayer Breakfast. Both President Obama and Vice President Biden were in the audience during Eric’s address. Don’t miss this fascinating video.
- Brother Keith Keyser’s post, The Lord’s Gracious Work of Restoration, explores our Lord’s deep compassion and care for His saints– even during times of failure. Interestingly the post also features on of the post popular picture to ever appear on Digital Sojourner that features a butterfly and the verse 2 Corinthians 5:17.
Enjoy this flashback to 2012 week #7 on Digital Sojourner!
This week last year the New York Giants defeated the New England Patriots 21-17 in Super Bowl XLVI. A record number 111.3 million Americans watched the game on Television [source] and advertisers paid a record $3.5 million for a 30 second advertisment [source]. Amazing.
While most Americans were enamored with the big game Digital Sojourner posted a number of interesting articles including:
- Brother Crawford explored a potential pitfall that believers should be aware of when it comes to the World’s most popular social network– and what you can do to help alleviate Facebook’s intoxicating allure. Are you a DUDD? Part 2: Facebook Addiction
- In How To Ensure Your Church Website Doesn’t Stink brother Rey Reynoso offers some helpful tips for building an effective local church website.
- In Jottings, our regular series of Christian quotes, brother Stephen Baker asks Will You Serve Others? An important question indeed.
Enjoy this flashback to 2012 week #6.
On February 1st last year an Egyptian soccer match turned violent when fans of the opposing teams began to attack one another. The riot resulted in the death of 79 persons and well over 1,000 injured [source].
Unfortunately, this tragic story is back in the news this year as new riots have erupted as 21 people have been sentenced to death over last year’s Port Said Stadium disaster [source].
During the 5th week of 2012 there were a number of interesting Digital Sojourner posts including:
- In A Galilean Happy Meal in The Hands of The Master brother Long Vo takes a look giving to the Lord’s even even during times of financial hardship. Drawing from his own personal experience and the Biblical account of the young boy who gave his 5 loaves and 2 fish to the Lord, Long challenges us to generously give to the Lord despite our own personal financial difficulties.
- It has been said that a local church that does not have a presence online, is a church that to many people doesn’t exist. To this end brother Rey Reynoso offers some helpful advice on How to Build a Church Website
- Brother Crawford Paul shared 4 Tips on Making Effective Videos to Promote the Gospel. As the importance of media grows for effectively reaching lost souls on the Internet, Crawford offers some very helpful tips for those who would endeavor to produce gospel oriented videos.
- The most viewed article ever on Digital Sojourner was posted this week last year. The post Home Call: Dave Reid eulogized brother Dave Reid who unexpectedly died in a skiing accident. Many, including my wife who year earlier sat under his tutelage at Emmaus Bible College, have many fond memories of “Dr. Dave” and his ministry.
What was your favorite Digital Sojourner post of 2012 Week #5?
Unfortunately his record and memory will be forever tarnished because of his role in covering up the Jerry Sandusky child sex abuse scandal which resulted in 111 of his wins and 6 bowl victories being vacated.
During the 4th week of 2012 there were a number of interesting Digital Sojourner posts including:
- Brother Bruce Hulshizer continued his series of posts exploring the Book of Romans with His Gospel’s Effect: Lesson 10 which looked at the well known verses of Romans 12:1-2.
- In Home Call: Boushra Mikhael brother Keith Keyser eulogized his dear friend and brother in the faith Boushra Mikael. In the article Keith mentions some of brother Mikhael’s writings. In addition to the writings mentioned in the article brother Mikhael also authored The Desire of all Nations which was published around the same time as Keith’s article. The book is a collection of wonderful meditations on the glories of the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Another popular article was brother Crawford Paul’s Social Media: 3 Important Concepts. The his article Crawford explored important social media concepts for Christians to keep in mind for ministry and outreach.
What was your favorite Digital Sojourner post of 2012 Week #4?
During the third week of January 2012 the world’s attention was focused on the unfolding disaster of the grounding of the Costa Concordia just off of the Italian Coast.
On Digital Sojourner there were a number of interesting posts. Here are a few of the highlights:
- In Who’s in Control? Crawford Paul explores the question of who is really in control of your life? Are you grasping for control or have you entrusted everything to the Creator of the universe?
- In Yes, The Internet Wants You: The Need For A Church Website brother Rey Reynoso explores some reasons why your local church should have a website.
- Also appearing one year ago was the post 5 Thoughts: Preaching with an iPad — which would prove to be one of the most read posts of all time on this blog.
Hope you enjoy this flashback to 2012 Week #3
The second week of January 2012 was a very busy week on Digital Sojourner. Here are a few of the highlights:
- In Are you a DUDD? Part 1 Email Obession Crawford Paul explored the modern plague of digital distractions. While digital distractions come in many forms the most pervasive is email. Check out the post for his advice to help you tame the beast of email in your life.
- Tim Tebow and John 3:16 This time last year Tim Tebow was all the rage… everyone seemed to be tebowing AND goggling John 3:16.
- Also posted to Digital Sojourner this time last year was 5 Tips For Sharing Your Faith of Facebook. This post continues to be one of the most popular posts of all time on Digital Sojourner.
- Did God Create Evil? Is a very creative and interesting video that explores this age old question.
Hope you enjoy this flashback to 2012 Week #2